After the base was finished, I started painting…
As I mentioned in Part One, the bench would cover an air vent, therefore, we had to create a way for air to still circulate to the vent. I’d seen this radiator covering used in a project over on House of Smith’s and it dawned on me that it would be perfect for the front of our bench! It would look cool AND allow ventilation!
It is technically called a “decorative aluminum sheet”. There are tons of cool styles, we found ours at Home Depot here. They don’t offer these sheets in store here, so we had to order online. And our first package got lost in the mail…so, once we finally received them, we used a staple gun and a few nails to secure them to the inside of the three openings in the bench.
Whew! Ventilation – check.
Next up: Adding beadboard and moving the electrical light box in the ceiling so that it is centered over the new table…
“An Adventure in the Attic for Reagan!”